As citizens, we expect our police force to protect and serve, but sometimes they abuse their power. When this happens, you need someone on your side to stand up for your rights.

If a loved one has been injured or killed by a police officer due to excessive use of force, you need to contact an experienced attorney who will help you fight.

A police misconduct claim is often started by submitting a formal complaint with the necessary department. A complaint to a police department usually takes place after an officer has violated the rights of a citizen.

A law firm can provide you with guidance in how to file a complaint if your rights have been violated. Contact personal injury attorney Bill Pickett of Larson Griffee & Pickett PLLC in Washington if you are in need of help and guidance.

Although many police officers now are required to wear body cameras, a lot of the footage that has been used in recent incidents was taken from bystanders who knew something inappropriate was happening and decided to record it. These people are capturing an event that the officer may later report as an entirely different scenario. The footage helps to clear up some inconsistencies in the stories of those involved. A civil rights lawyer can determine which information should be used to show the most accurate depiction of the actual events.

If you need to file a police misconduct claim, you should seek legal help. Law enforcement may deny or fail to fully admit to their wrongdoings, but an experienced police misconduct or civil rights lawyer can help.

Posted in